roadBlockAd
brand logo
Nightclub brawl: Police hunt for 3 suspects

Nightclub brawl: Police hunt for 3 suspects

24 Mar 2025 | BY Buddhika Samaraweera


  • Says Yoshitha Rajapaksa is not among the suspects


The Police stated that three suspects wanted in connection with the attack on a security guard at a nightclub in Colombo by a group that arrived with former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s son, Yoshitha Rajapaksa and his wife have left their areas of residence, and that Yoshitha Rajapaksa is not among the suspects.

Kompanna Vidiya Police launched an investigation into an incident of a security guard at a nightclub in Colombo being assaulted by a group that had arrived with Rajapaksa and his wife on Saturday (22).

When contacted by The Daily Morning, the Police Media Division (PMD) stated that the Kompanna Vidiya Police had recorded statements from two eyewitnesses regarding the incident. According to the PMD, the nightclub's security staff had asked the group to wear identification wristbands as part of standard entry procedures, but a tense situation had arisen when they refused to comply.

In response to a query as to whether any suspects had been arrested, a PMD official said that three individuals from Dehiwala, Attidiya, and Thimbirigasyaya had been identified as suspects in connection with the incident but had left their areas of residence. He added that officers of the Kompanna Vidiya Police were conducting investigations to apprehend them.

The Daily Morning also inquired whether Yoshitha Rajapaksa was among the three identified suspects, to which the PMD official responded: "He is not among the suspects." When asked if Yoshitha Rajapaksa had been with the suspects at the time of the incident, the official said: "The Kompanna Vidiya Police has not mentioned anything about it."

Following the incident, the nightclub had lodged a complaint with the Police, and it was reported that the assaulted security officer was currently receiving treatment at a private hospital.


More News..